Join This Site

Monday, 15 October 2012

Toms!!!

So I always wanted Toms because they look comfortable, cool and everyone has one. But then I just came across the story behind the brand as written by Jessica French  which is a beautiful story about the "one for one" donation they make to children all over the world with each Toms purchased.

HERE's Jessica's version

"Toms came around when creator Blake Mycoskie was travelling in Argentina with his friends, whilst there he had discovered that children he had become friends with in the local villages had no shoes to protect their feet. Thats when he had the idea of creating Toms Shoes to gift to the children. That was in 2006 and since then, and until this day when every pair of shoes are sold, one pair gets donated to children all around the world."
 Chocolate Herringbone Women's ClassicsBurgundy Houndstooth Women's ClassicsSilver Houndstooth Women's ClassicsTeal Pop Herringbone Women's Classics
aren't they beauties?- ¿no son bellezas?


I think it is an amazing story and makes me like the brand more. Who knows, I might purchase one when I get a job soon so if anyone around here is looking for a recent graduate to work for them around here, hint hint, I'm the perfect person lol. Just thought I'd throw it out there...Toodles!
 
Hasta luego mis amores!- see you later my loves
Hablar con usted pronto- speak to you soon

10 comments:

  1. I've been eyeing up some Toms on Asos actually but interesting to see the story behind it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yh boi... pretty interesting... u shd get urself one... at least now u know its for a gd cause lol.. gd excuse

      Delete
  2. I think the Toms story is amazing.Blake Mycoskie the CEO actually has a book that i bought on how he started the business.You should read it.Very inspiring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. didn't realise he had a book as well. I guess there's quite a lot I don't know about blake and his Toms lol.. Will definitely check it out!

      Delete
  3. I love TOMS, especially the mission behind it!!! They are probably the most comfortable shoes I own :)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it´s a perfect and smart combination of style and very goo taste.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your style and love your blog! Please check out mine when you get a chance as I love to connect. I'm currently writing about my Europe trip and a couple of fab Hollywood red carpet events.

    www.goodbadandfab.com
    personal style and fashion musings of a LA fashion lawyer living life in the fab lane!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cuuuteee :)

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thoughtful Comments