Join This Site

Saturday 30 March 2024

2024 REVIEW THUS FAR

At the end of February, I wrote a blog about finances and trusting God with my money by tithing although it wasn't enough for the month. I tried not to succumb to worry although it oftentimes reared its ugly head. I was bombarded with impromptu increase in my council tax, plus other extras that I found myself unable to meet deadlines for. 

Somehow though the month has almost ended and all those bills have been paid. I remember writing about "the windows of heaven" in the book of Malachi 3:10 meaning  which I took personally to mean "opportunity"
That in paying my tithe, God would present me with opportunities that would bring in more blessings; in this case financial. 

So my review of the tithe this month is that I was gifted £50 unexpectedly from a lady at my church. I was also given the opportunity to make meals for 10 people which brought me some income and my sister supported me with extra cash for the house so that really made a difference thus, God's window was opened for me this month after my tithe.  (I was daring God with His word). I will do a another tester this month!

I was listening to a youtuber this morning who was speaking about just living life, dealing with it as it comes up, letting go of worry and just being. 

Today is Easter, Holy Saturday to be precise. It is considered the Great sabbath, the day on which Jesus lay in the tomb, went to redeem mankind from hell. Sabbath day in general is a day of rest from works which is supposed to be the 7th day after 6 days of work like God did during creation.
On the sabbath day in Exodus 20:8-11 God encourages us to observe this day as holy by resting. 

In Hebrews 4:10. it is further stated that "anyone who enters God's rest has also rested from their works, just as God did from His. 

Entering God's rest in this time is a permanent condition for me which involves me deliberately letting go of my need to hold on to and control life's circumstances on a daily basis. 

It means for me resting from worry, resting from trying to force things to go my  way when I don't need to, resting from overdoing by letting go and allowing things to fall in place naturally. 

In nature, rest is when the most productivity happens. We see it in sleep as the body repairs itself, cells are renewed and growth occurs. 
We also dream which is God's way of speaking to us about life situations, giving us creative ideas and thoughts. Our focus is more astute after a good sleep/ rest, and in all our skin looks brighter and better with quality sleep.

We also see the benefits of rest/ sleep during the winter months when certain animals go in hibernation to conserve their energy as a result of lack of food. 

When you have used all your strength available for work, REST. 

In rest your creative antennas are awakened. 
Rest can be done in short phases as well as long and in short phases, we see it quick naps which are a way our "brain resets itself by sending it through a period of non-rapid eye movement sleep (N1)".

All of these examples hint on the importance of resting from work, essentially harnessing the full benefits of the precious sabbath. Rest from your addiction to busyness, struggle and worry. Stay still when things are not going as planned, lean on the strength of Yahweh and see all things work for your good.

Happy Great Sabbath! 

Enjoy the great benefits that come as you heed to the Lord's sabbath and rest in the finished works of Christ.
Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughtful Comments