Join This Site

Thursday 23 August 2012

MY QUIET TIME WITH GOD

So I just commented on FunTo's post on "Read the bible...Part of a check-list? and I figured I'd take my own advice so I thought I'd share with you guys...


"I admit sometimes my quiet time becomes a "to do" list in my head which I have to tick and I feel guilty when its not done so I've found myself sometimes doing it just for the sake of it. But I realise that the moment I take my time, relax and just enjoy reading and praying, it becomes more of a genuine way to spend time with God. So I guess all I'm saying is, just make time for God in your relationship. It might take some time to set up a specific time but God is always there and we just have to enjoy being in His presence and not make it seem a duty.. (wow I think I'll take my own advice lol)"

So yh, do you guys ever feel that way sometimes and how have you gone about dealing with it?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by the blog Sis! And thanks for the contribution. I like what you say "it might take some time to set up a specific time" because man, don't I know it. But I guess sometimes a little flexibility wouldn't hurt. Yesterday, the time I'd told myself was for God was somewhat interrupted and it was hard to do it after. I pray to learn flexibility. Amen. Thanks for ur honesty!

    Tell the World

    ReplyDelete

Thoughtful Comments